CRMSE welcomes advisory members from the San Diego Community at large who are invested in advancing mathematics and science education. The advisory board members are active in revising existing initiatives and help to develop new initiatives. Advisory Board members include:
- Mike Chapin, Retired CEO, Geocon, Inc.
- Ernest Anastos, Superintendent, Lemon Grove School District
- Barbara Edwards, Executive Director, Math for America San Diego
- Kristin Evans, Education Director, Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Keith Malcolm, Director of Educational Services, Lemon Grove School District
- Arthur Olson, Director, Molecular Graphics Laboratory, Scripps Research Institute
- Jim Rohr, Senior Scientist – K-12 Outreach, SPAWAR Systems Center
- Ned Smith, Chair of Science and Technology Working Group, San Diego Foundation
- Bruce Westermo, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, College of Engineering, San Diego State University
The seventh meeting of the CRMSE Advisory Board was held on October 31, 2014, at CRMSE. During the meeting, we reported on the work of CRMSE, and discussed CRMSE initiatives and priorities.